Protein for Men - New Customers only! Get 10-bar sample box PLUS 1 bag Built Boos any flavor for $35 off! Originally $44.95, Now: $9.95
Do you know how to prepare for a vasectomy without experiencing stress and anxiety? Your preparation for a vasectomy begins several weeks before the actual procedure. To help you get ready, here is a list of steps on how to prepare for a vasectomy.
How to prepare for a vasectomy weeks ahead
Schedule your vasectomy for a Thursday or Friday so you will have time to recover over the weekend. Most men find they can return to work on Monday or Tuesday after a vasectomy.
- Complete your arrangements for banking your sperm if you have chosen to preserve your sperm for possible use in the future.
- Stop taking drugs that can increase the risk of bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen, as well as supplements such as vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids. You should stop taking these substances 1 to 2 weeks before the vasectomy, according to your doctor’s orders.
- Follow a nutritious diet high in antioxidants (fruits and vegetables, whole grains). Make sure green tea is part of your daily routine, as the antioxidants known as catechins also have anti-inflammatory properties.
How to prepare for a vasectomy right before the procedure
- Arrange to have someone drive you home after the vasectomy. Although you may feel like you can drive yourself, it is generally recommended you have someone else drive for you to avoid movement and pressure on the surgery area.
- Wash your genital area thoroughly the day of the vasectomy. Shave the surgery area if your doctor instructs you to do so.
- Take any medication to relax you 30 to 60 minutes before the vasectomy if your doctor has prescribed it for you.
- On the day of the vasectomy, bring a jockstrap with you to wear after the procedure.
Protein bars that taste like candy bars Get 12% OFF your first order plus FREE shipping